Thursday, January 05, 2012

Christmas movie review: Christmas Magic

My final Christmas movie of the year was Christmas Magic. I actually was going to stop with the last one since it's been about ten days since Christmas and, as much as I like Christmas movies, once Christmas is over I'm not usually in the mood to watch them. Regardless, I counted up all the Christmas movie reviews I've done since 2006 and realized I was on number 99. Well, I couldn't leave it at that so welcome to Christmas movie review 100! I cannot believe I've reviewed so many (or that there are even that many to review).

Anyway, I have about 15 still on DVR so I wanted to end the season on a high note and I sure did. Christmas Magic was really good, one of the best I watched this year. Again, not an original story because this tells the story of workaholic Carrie, who gets in a car accident in the beginning of the movie, and then finds herself an angel assigned to help someone still on Earth before she can get into heaven. She has a couple weeks to help a guy, Scott, who runs a small, struggling restaurant in New York City. Not only does she easily help him update his menu and promote his business, but she helps him with babysitting (he's a widower with an 8-year-old girl) and getting over his hatred of Christmas. She knows she's headed to heaven on Christmas Eve so she tries to not get too attached, but of course she starts to fall for him. Meanwhile, she has an angel guide who gives her advice whenever she needs it. I don't necessarily want to spoil it because I definitely recommend watching this but everything works out happily ever after of course, since after all the title of the film is "Christmas Magic." I have no idea who the actors are (Lindy Booth plays Carrie but I've never heard of her before) but they did a good job and took a possibly predictable story of an angel trying to get her wings and made it very watchable and enjoyable.

Rating: A

No comments: