Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Webcast

I attended my first Webcast today as part of my medical library internship. It was on patient safety. Basically, it started off reminding us how many deaths occur due to errors, either in misinformation or misdiagnosis or incorrect drugs or whatever... So, we are supposed to, as medical librarians, try to improve this situation by making sure there are good information flows. Well, that's the gist of it anyway.

Other than that, I had an okay day at the reference desk. Again, no reference questions. I shadowed and then talked to the consumer health librarian in depth today and that was pretty fascinating. They have some amazing content on their site. Seriously, I'm impressed and think I will be referring people to it for some time to come. Jim (the librarian) even might have a project for me that involves editing some of their Web sites, which would be sweet!

No comments: